Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Can't Never Could

I tried to teach my son that a job worth doing was worth doing right. As I was teaching him this I never knew if it would take but years later – yep, he got it. And I can say I am proud of the work my son does. Our Father wants to be proud of the work we do for Him. 56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. 1 Corinthians 15 (NIV) “let nothing move you. Give yourself fully to the work of the Lord” Let me urge you take serious the work God calls you to do. Let nothing get in your way and go at it whole-hearted. “Go ye therefore teaching, making disciples, baptizing!” this is the work God gives to each of us. You know the old saying, “Can’t never could no nothing!” Well, God has equipped you and prepared you and you CAN do it. Make Him proud of you for the work you do for the Lord.

No comments: