Thursday, November 1, 2012

When is enough enough? That all depends on what we are talking about. A high school basketball game of 8 to 88 is a bit too great a difference to brag on. A baseball score of 1 to 0 means a boring game. But what about when is enough as enough living for Jesus? 12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Phil. 3:12-14 Are you where you want to be in your walk with the Lord? Paul said (after seven years of study and all that he had been through) "I have not attained and I still press on". He was actively engaged in pursuing to be more like Jesus. He was not contend to follow at a distance or to say, "well I'm saved and that's enough". No, he pressed on, he was enthusiastic, he was searching for that peral of great price; that lost coin. Let us not become complacent and not settle for what we have attained. There is so much more joy and more life waiting for us. Press on. We can never get "enough" Jesus.

No comments: